This site is a Memorial to the Late Canon James Morrow, defender of Life from conception until natural death. Defender of Humanae Vitae, the Encyclical of Pope Paul VI, explaining the teaching of the Catholic Church on contraception, and marriage values.
Fr. Morrow gave his whole life to the babies and the vulnerable handicapped, to the point of being imprisoned by HM government for trying to save the lives of babies.
Rev. Canon James Morrow
20th October 1934-18th September 2010
Ordained on 1st March 1958 in Rome, Canon Morrow served as Chaplain To Our Lady of the Missions Convent, Cathcart, 1958-1961
He served as Professor at St. Vincent’s College, Langhank, 1961-1968, as Assistant Priest In St. Conval’s, Linwood, 1968-1969, and as Professor at St. Mary’s College, Blairs, 1969-1980.
In 1980 Canon Morrow went to serve as Parish Priest of St. Andrew’s, Braemar, where he stayed until 1990.
He was Founder and Director of Humanae Vitae House, Braemar (1984 – 2005.)
In 1990 he moved into Humanae Vitae House and started to work full time as a Pro-Life missionary. He traveled the country, preaching, teaching any praying outside abortion mills, until he was forced to retire due to ill-health.
In 2005 he retired to Nazareth House in Aberdeen where he continued with his mission work – traveling to Uganda, and raising money for the building of schools and kitchens in the diocese of Kasana-Luweero, and providing a vehicle for the Pro-Life committee there.
In the early months of 2010 he moved to Nazareth House in Cardonald, Glasgow, and died of a stroke on 18th September 2010. May God rest his soul